Friday, December 02, 2011

New Set of Saori

Here is the warp. It is alpaca and rayon. The variation in the weight will produce some fun effects. I am excited to see how it will play out.

The gold threads were an accent just for the fun of it.

warp threads

I am slaying the reed here, I think. That happens after threading the heddles.

justalittlechaos 

Here I am doing the hemstitch after the first few rows.

 hemstitch

Just finishing the hemstitching.

hemstitching

The pink and black silk fabric is from a skirt that really never worked for me, Stephen handled it swiftly with the rotary cutter and the self-healing mat.juststarting

My new boat shuttles are SOOO Big! that I can put the fabric on them, and thread it through the holes! Yay!

DSC04610

I put some bright orange-pink roving in here between the green. Hey, it matches my hair!

nanweaving

I love playing with patterns that develop with roving and yarn together!

DSC04613    

And so it goes…I will post more when I make some more progress!

No comments: